Fuss-free slow cooker pork chops cooked in a delicious honey garlic sauce. Perfect for busy weeknights! Just pop the ingredients in the slow cooker at lunch-time and by dinner, you’ll come home to a tasty slow cooked meal, the whole family will love.
I seriously LOVE my slow cooker! It’s a godsend for me, as I’m constantly ferrying my children to after school sports clubs, practices and other activities.
I can pop the slow cooker on and leave it going, while I’m running around like a headless chicken!
These honey garlic slow cooker pork chops are a real family favourite in the Effortless Foodie house. They only take 4 hours to cook on high, so I usually pop it on just after lunch, and by the time we get home, dinner is pretty much served!
Brown meat before slow cooking?
A big resounding no! My slow cooker is used for ease, so getting a frying pan out to brown meat, before putting it in the slow cooker (crock-pot), isn’t my idea of fun. I haven’t found any slow cooker recipe that benefits from browning of the meat before putting it in.
Aesthetically, there may be an argument in favour of browning, but it’s all about the taste for me!
Don’t waste your time browning meat! Life is too short.
⏲️ Cooking time
This recipe requires cooking the pork chops on high for 4 hours. So this is an ideal recipe for putting on just after lunch, to be ready in time for dinner.
Alternatively you could slow cook on a low setting for 6 hours.
🍴 Serving suggestions
There are a lot of options when it comes to serving these tender chops. Probably my favourite way of serving them is with roasted sweet potato and steamed seasonal vegetables.
Mashed potato and rice are also good choices.
The honey garlic slow cooker pork chops are so easy to make. This a dump and go slow cooker recipe, so prep time is an absolute minimum. I often serve this up on busy weeknights when I’m rushing around to after school clubs with the kids.
- Pork chops
- Garlic cloves
- Soy sauce
- Parsley to serve
A slow cooker is needed for this recipe. If you’re a mum with a busy home life and haven’t yet invested in one….drop everything and buy one now!!
I honestly don’t know what I’d do without my slow cooker.
- Place the pork chops in your slow cooker.
- Pour over the honey garlic sauce.
- Cook on high for 4 hours ( or 6 hours on low).
Here are some more slow cooker recipes for you to try;
- Slow cooker pulled beef
- Slow cooker coconut chicken curry
- Slow cooker triple tomato and spinach pasta
- Slow cooker chicken casserole
- Slow cooker macaroni cheese
- Slow cooker Mexican chicken
Slow Cooker Pork Chops in a Honey Garlic Sauce
- 4 Pork chops
- 2 Garlic cloves chopped
- 80 g Honey
- 150 g Tomato Ketchup
- 4 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- Place the pork chops in your slow cooker (crockpot)
- In a jug mix together the garlic, honey, ketchup and soy sauce. Pour the sauce over the pork chops.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- If the sauce needs thickening, take the cooked pork chops out of the slow cooker, whisk 2 tbsp of cornflour with enough water to make a thick paste, and whisk it into the sauce. Cook with the lid off for 15 minutes. Alternatively use thickening granules that are now available in all major supermarkets.
- Once the sauce is thickened to your liking, place the pork chops back in and serve with the chopped parsley.
Don’t want to miss a thing?
Come over and join the Effortless Foodie VIP Facebook group, where we share recipes, meal planning tips and tricks, and have a good old chat about all things food related.
If you have a question about this recipe, please get in touch using the form on my contact page, or leave a comment on this post.
Grab your free pantry checklist!
A well-stocked pantry is the key to whipping up quick and easy meals, which is an absolute must when you have hungry kids to feed! Download my FREE Pantry Checklist and make sure you have everything on hand, to create delicious, fuss-free family food when time is against you, and the kids are STARVING!
Another family friendly meal to try
My kids absolutely LOVE macaroni cheese (so do I if I’m honest!), and my smoky chorizo mac and cheese takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness. Why don’t you give it a try, the next time your kids want mac and cheese?