This vibrant roasted tenderstem broccoli is a delicious side dish for chicken, fish and casseroles. Seasoned with sea salt, garlic and Italian herbs, it's a regular on our dinner table.
Roasted tenderstem broccoli, or broccolini as it is sometimes known, has become a real family favourite here. There's minimal prep and it's something a bit different to the usual steamed or boiled broccoli.
The kids seem to love it too!
✔️ Why should you try it?
- Easy to make
- Well seasoned
- A versatile side dish that goes so well with so many dishes
- Tender and delicious
- Tenderstem Broccoli
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Herbs
- Sea Salt
The recipe card with ingredient quantities and detailed instructions can be found at the bottom of the post
One: Lay the tenderstem broccoli on a baking sheet.
Two: Drizzle over the oil and seasonings and roast in the oven.
💭 Top tips
- If the tenderstem broccoli stalks have very thick stems, make a cut half way through up to the base of the broccoli floret, to ensure the stems are tender.
🍴 Serving suggestions
The roasted tenderstem broccoli goes so well so with so many different dishes! I often serve it with my slow cooker lamb breast, sausage casserole, easy cheesy pasta, Quorn sausage traybake, and even baked cornflake chicken nuggets!
- Use different seasonings. Try smoked paprika and garlic, or if you like things spicy, hot chili powder!
- Grate some parmesan cheese over the roasted broccoli at the end of cooking for a cheesy hit.
- Sprinkle over toasted sesame seeds for added crunch.
Tenderstem broccoli is a hybrid of Chinese kale and broccoli which was first introduced in Japan in 1993. Chinese kale is a leafy brassica with long stems that it lent to the broccoli, resulting in a broccoli floret with a long tender stem.
Tenderstem broccoli is high in vitamins A and C. It's also a good source of potassium and manganese.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating in the recipe card below!
More delicious side dishes you might like!
Roasted Tenderstem Broccoli with Garlic
- 250 g Tenderstem Broccoli
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian Herb Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°c (160 fan/ 35F/ Gas 4).
- Place the tenderstem broccoli on a baking sheet and drizzle over the oil and sprinkle over the seasoning.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until the stalks are tender.