A quick and easy side dish, these stir-fried garlic green beans are super tasty and so versatile!
Just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes are all you need to make this delicious garlic green beans recipe!
They're crunchy, tasty, and great with so many foods! Chicken, salmon, and beef to name a few!
👩🍳 Love veggie sides? Try this easy roasted Tenderstem broccoli recipe too!
✔️ Why you'll love this recipe!
- Easy veggie side dish.
- Ready in 10 minutes.
- Goes with lots of different dishes.
🛒 Ingredient notes
- Green Beans - use fresh green beans for the best taste and texture.
- Sesame Oil - for stir-frying. Olive oil can also be used.
- Garlic - 3 cloves finely chopped.
- Soy Sauce - for added flavour.
The recipe card with ingredient quantities and detailed instructions can be found at the bottom of the post
One: Heat the sesame oil in a wok then stir fry the green beans on a high heat for 5 minutes. Keep moving the beans around the wok with a wooden spoon.
Two: Add the chopped garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
Three: Take off the heat and mix in the soy sauce before serving.
🍴 Serving suggestions
You can serve these garlic green beans with any number of dishes!
We enjoy them as a side to cottage pie, creme fraiche chicken, air fryer honey glazed salmon fillets, and pork stroganoff.
- Swap the sesame oil for butter and make garlic butter green beans.
- Add grated parmesan at the end of cooking.
- Use runner beans or mange tout instead of regular green beans.
- Add the zest of half a lemon for extra flavour.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds before serving for crunch and texture.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes or chilli flakes at the end of cooking.
The stir-fried garlic green beans are best eaten fresh straight out of the wok. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the wok.
😋 More delicious side dishes
Don't forget to subscribe to the newsletter to stay up to date with what's cooking in the Effortless Foodie kitchen! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram too!
Stir-Fried Garlic Green Beans
- 2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 350 g Green Beans end trimmed
- 3 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok then stir fry the green beans on a high heat for 5 minutes. Keep moving the beans around the wok with a wooden spoon.2 tablespoon Sesame Oil, 350 g Green Beans
- Add the chopped garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.3 Garlic Cloves
- Take off the heat and mix in the soy sauce before serving.1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
Leave a Reply