Fruity, fluffy, and a taste of summer, these raspberry and white chocolate muffins are perfect for after school snacks and picnics in the sun. The sweet white chocolate complements the tart raspberries, making them oh so moreish. You definitely won’t be able to stop at one!
You might have noticed I like muffins…a lot! I’ve got lemon drizzle muffins, chocolate courgette muffins, cinnamon-spiced mincemeat muffins, banana & peanut butter muffins, and blackberry muffins currently on the blog, and I’m sure many more muffin recipes will follow!
I used my basic muffin mix in these delicious raspberry & white chocolate muffins, meaning they were super quick and easy to make.
✔️ Why should you try it?
- A delicious after school snack with a glass of cold milk
- Easy to make
- Quick to bake
- Can be frozen
This recipe uses my basic muffin mix which is;
- 140g Caster Sugar
- 200g Plain Flour
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 100ml Yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 140g Butter, melted
For these raspberry and white chocolate muffins I also added;
- 150g Raspberries
- 100g White Chocolate Chunks
A mixing bowl, wooden spoon and a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases are all you need to make these delicious muffins.
The recipe card with ingredient quantities and detailed instructions can be found at the bottom of the post
One: Weight out the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix together the wet ingredients in a jug or bowl.
Two: Gently mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, being careful not to overmix.
Three: Fold in the fresh raspberries and white chocolate.
Four: Spoon the mixture into a 12 hole muffin tin, lined with muffin cases. Bake for 18 minutes.
💭 Top tips
Muffins don’t like being over mixed. Over mixing will result in tough, hard muffins. What you want is light and fluffy muffins, and that means gentle mixing and folding.
🍴 Serving suggestions
These muffins are great as an after school snack for kids, with an ice-cold glass of milk, and maybe a cup of tea for Mum or Dad! Why not have a warm muffin, fresh from the oven for a quick and easy dessert with honeycomb ice cream?
They transport really well too, so are ideal for taking on picnics or for charity bake sales.
There are lots of easy ways to vary the flavours in these muffins. You could substitute the raspberries for other berries like blueberries, or even blackberries, when they are in season.
The white chocolate chips could be swapped for milk chocolate chips, or they could be left out all together.
Instead of using plain natural yogurt you could use a raspberry or vanilla flavoured yogurt instead.
The muffins will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Store in a cool dry place like a pantry or cupboard.
🧊 Suitable for freezing?
These muffins freeze really well, so you could make a double batch and freeze half for another day. They take no time at all to defrost. I often take the muffins out of the freezer first thing in the morning and they are fully defrosted in time for a mid morning snack.
Some more recipes where raspberries are the star of the show!
- Gluten-Free Raspberry Brownies – These dark and fudgy raspberry brownies are gluten-free, easy to make, and loaded with tangy fresh raspberries that complement the sweet chocolate so well. Perfect as a snack or an indulgent dessert with homemade ice cream.
- Apple Raspberry Crisp – The aroma of this Raspberry Apple Crisp with Oat Pecan Topping as it bakes will fill your house and make you look forward to this amazing dessert. Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top and savor every moment!
- White Chocolate & Raspberry Pancakes – It is basically dessert for breakfast with these white chocolate and raspberry pancakes!
- Raspberry Oatmeal Bars – These Raspberry Oatmeal Bars are filled with a wonderful raspberry filling and topped with a buttery oatmeal topping. These bars make an amazing breakfast, snack or dessert!
- Raspberry Lemon Mug Cake – A Raspberry Lemon Mug Cake, hot out of the microwave and topped with whipped topping, lemon curd and fresh raspberries, will be a delicious quick sweet treat!
- Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies – These raspberry white chocolate blondies are bursting with fresh, juicy raspberries and white chocolate baked in, plus white chocolate chunks AND a white chocolate ganache on top! They’re so decadent but so easy to make.
- Raspberry Lemon Crumble Bars – A sweet raspberry bar flavoured with lemon and pine nuts with a buttery crumble topping. Perfect for picnics.
Don’t want to miss a thing?
Come over and join the Effortless Foodie VIP Facebook group, where we share recipes, meal planning tips and tricks, and have a good old chat about all things food related.
If you have a question about this recipe, please get in touch using the form on my contact page, or leave a comment on this post.
Grab your free pantry checklist!
A well-stocked pantry is the key to whipping up quick and easy meals, which is an absolute must when you have hungry kids to feed! Download my FREE Pantry Checklist and make sure you have everything on hand, to create delicious, fuss-free family food when time is against you, and the kids are STARVING! You’ll also be added to our mailing list to receive new recipes via email as soon as they are published.
More baked treats from the blog!
Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins
- 140 g Caster Sugar
- 200 g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 100 ml Natural Yogurt
- 2 Eggs
- 140 g Butter melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150 g Raspberries
- 100 g White Chocolate Chunks
- 2 tbsp Demerara Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190°c (170 fan/ 375F/ Gas 5) and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Weigh the caster sugar, plain flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl and mix together.
- Mix together the yogurt, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract in a jug.
- Gently mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients then fold in the rasperries and white chocolate.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the muffin cases and sprinkle each one with a pinch of demerara sugar.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
I’m linking this recipe up to #CookBlogShare, which this week is hosted by A Strong Coffee