One-pan sticky sausage traybake with meaty pork sausages, colourful sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes, and tart apples in an oh so moreish balsamic honey mustard sauce. Easy to make and even easier to clean up, making it the perfect mid-week meal.
I love one pan, throw in the oven dinners like this, especially during the colder months of the year. This easy sausage traybake combines all the flavours of my favourite season, Autumn (or Fall if you’re in the US), with sweet potatoes, apples, garlic, and rosemary in a delicious and sticky balsamic honey mustard glaze. I like to use thick and meaty pork sausages in this traybake, as chipolatas would overcook and burn.
✔️ Why should you try it?
- Made in one pan
- Hearty and comforting
- Can be customised with different vegetables.
- Pork Sausages – 8 thick and meaty pork sausages.
- Garlic – 5 cloves roasted in their skins.
- Sweet Potatoes – 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into bite-size pieces.
- Bramley Apple – I love how the tart Bramley apple slices turn sweet and sticky during cooking.
- Red Onion – peeled and quartered.
- Rosemary – my favourite herbs that gives so much flavour to this traybake.
- Cherry Tomatoes – the halved cherry tomatoes break down during roasting and release their sweet juices.
- For the sticky glaze;
- Balsamic Vinegar – helps achieve the perfect sticky glaze and had a wonderful depth of flavour.
- Honey – use a clear runny honey.
- Wholegrain Mustard – or if you prefer Dijon mustard.
The recipe card with ingredient quantities and detailed instructions can be found at the bottom of the post
One: Preheat the oven to 200°c (180 fan/ 400F/ Gas 6). Place the sausages in a large roasting pan.
Two: Add the sweet potato chunks, sliced apple, garlic in skins, quartered red onion and halved cherry tomatoes.
Three: In a jug mix together the balsamic vinegar, honey and mustard for the sticky glaze and pour over the sausages and vegetables. Mix to coat then tuck in the sprigs of rosemary.
Four: Bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Take out of the oven and give everything a shake. Cover with foil and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and cooked. Squeeze the garlic out of their skins before serving!
💭 Top tips
- Use thick meaty pork sausages for this traybake. Chipolatas would overcook and burn.
- Cover the whole tin with foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking to prevent burning.
- Cut the sweet potato into bite-size pieces so they don’t take too long to cook.
- Don’t forget to squeeze out the garlic from their skins before serving.
🍴 Serving suggestions
I usually serve the traybake with a green salad and crusty bread to mop up the sweet sticky juices. If you wanted something more substantial then creamy mashed potatoes or rice would work well.
- Use halved baby potatoes instead of sweet potatoes.
- Add more vegetables such as sliced red peppers, aubergine, and courgette.
- Make it vegetarian by using vegetarian sausages.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated. Any leftover sausages can be sliced up stirred through cooked pasta for a quick and easy dinner.
More easy one pan recipes to try;
- One Pan Chicken Arrabbiata
- Broccoli and Wild Garlic Risotto
- Easy Sausage Casserole
- Savoury Mince
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- Easy Ratatouille
- One Pot Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Tomato Pasta
- Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff
Don’t want to miss a thing?
Come over and join the Effortless Foodie VIP Facebook group, where we share recipes, meal planning tips and tricks, and have a good old chat about all things food related.
If you have a question about this recipe, please get in touch using the form on my contact page, or leave a comment on this post.
Grab your free pantry checklist!
A well-stocked pantry is the key to whipping up quick and easy meals, which is an absolute must when you have hungry kids to feed! Download my FREE Pantry Checklist and make sure you have everything on hand, to create delicious, fuss-free family food when time is against you, and the kids are STARVING! You’ll also be added to our mailing list to receive new recipes via email as soon as they are published.
Sticky Sausage Traybake
- 8 Pork Sausages
- 5 Garlic Cloves in skins
- 2 Sweet Potatoes peeled and cubed into bite-size chunks
- 1 Bramley Apple cored and sliced
- 1 Red Onion peeled and quartered
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 3 Rosemary Sprigs
For the sticky glaze
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Runny Honey
- 1 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°c (180 fan/ 400F/ Gas 6) and place the sausages in a large roasting tray.
- Add in the cubed sweet potatoes, sliced apple, quartered red onion, cherry tomatoes and garlic (in skins). Give everything a mix.
- In a jug mix together the balsamic vinegar, honey and mustard and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the sausages and tuck in the rosemary sprigs. Give everything a final stir before baking in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and give it a shake. Cover with foil and return to the oven for 10 more minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked through. Squeeze the garlic out of their skins before serving.