Easy slow cooker corn on the cob recipe, simply flavoured with salt and pepper! It's so tender, moist, and juicy!
Whilst barbeque or grilled corn on the cob is delicious on a hot sunny day, this crockpot corn on the cob is perfect for every day, whatever the weather outside!
An easy and tasty side dish that my children absolutely love!
Pop the corn cobs in your slow cooker just after lunch, and they will be perfectly cooked by dinnertime!
👩🍳 Love corn on the cob? Try my easy air fryer corn on the cob too!
✔️ Why you'll love this recipe!
- A new way to cook corn on the cob.
- An easy vegetable side dish that children love.
- Simple ingredients.
- Add more flavours.
- Serve with lots of different meals.
🛒 Ingredient notes
- Corn on the Cob - 4 -6 ears of corn on the cob (husks and silks removed). You could also use smaller cobettes of corn, but you will need to reduce the cooking time accordingly.
- Olive Oil - a light mild olive oil for brushing on the corn.
- Salt and Pepper - for seasoning.
- Water - 300ml of water is poured into the bottom of the slow cooker basin to create steam and to stop the corn from burning.
- To serve - butter and chopped parsley.
Which slow cooker? I use a Morphy Richards Sear and Stew 6.5 litre slow cooker, which means I can brown and slow cook in the same pot as the slow cooker pot is safe to use on the hob! The 6.5 litre capacity serves 6-8 main portions, so it’s ideal for families and those that like batch cooking. There is also a 3.5 litre version for smaller households!
🔪 How to cook corn on the cob in slow cooker
The recipe card with ingredient quantities and detailed instructions can be found at the bottom of the post
One: Brush the corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Two: Place the corn in the slow cooker basin and pour in the water.
Three: Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Serve with butter and chopped parsley.
🍴 Serving suggestions
Slow cooker corn on the cob is a tasty versatile side dish for a wide range of meals.
Vary the seasonings! Try dried herbs, smoked paprika, and if you like your food spicy, cayenne pepper or chilli flakes.
Store: The slow-cooked corn is best eaten fresh but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat: In a hot oven or air fryer.
Freeze: The corn isn't suitable for freezing once slow-cooked, but uncooked corn ears can be blanched and frozen for future use.
❓ Frequently asked questions
You can wrap the corn in foil but it is not necessary when slow cooking it. The slow cooker basin creates the steam and heat necessary to cook the corn.
😋 More slow cooker recipes
- Slow Cooker Diet Coke Chicken
- Slow Cooker Macaroni Cheese
- Slow Cooker Roast Chicken
- Slow Cooker Hunters Chicken
Slow Cooker Corn on the Cob
- 4 Corn Ears husks and silks removed
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 300 ml Water
- 4 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Parsley chopped
- Brush each corn on the cob with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.4 Corn Ears, 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, 1 teaspoon Salt, ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- Place the corn in the slow cooker basin and pour in the water.300 ml Water
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Serve with butter and chopped parsley.4 tablespoon Butter, 1 tablespoon Parsley