Creamy pumpkin pie overnight oats are an easy make-ahead breakfast during pumpkin season!
Mix the ingredients together the night before, pop it in the fridge, and a healthy filling oaty breakfast will be waiting for you in the morning!
Made with pumpkin puree (canned or homemade!), pumpkin spices, peanut butter, rolled oats, and milk, the pumpkin pie overnight oats are sweetened with a little maple syrup and then sprinkled with crunchy pumpkin seeds!
👩🍳 Love make-ahead breakfast recipes? Try my overnight Weetabix recipe next!
✔️ Why you'll love this recipe!
- Pumpkin is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, which supports good vision and a healthy immune system. Incorporating pumpkin into your overnight oats can provide a nutrient-dense start to your day.
- Preparing pumpkin pie overnight oats means your breakfast is ready and waiting for you in the morning. This can save you valuable time during the busy morning rush.
- You can customise your pumpkin pie overnight oats with additional ingredients like nuts, seeds, or fruits to suit your taste preferences.
- Utilising pumpkin in your overnight oats allows you to enjoy the flavours of the season in a new and exciting way.
🛒 Ingredient notes
Pumpkin Puree - use canned or homemade pumpkin puree. Pumpkin pie filling is not suitable as it has already been sweetened.
Oats - plain rolled porridge oats
Milk - semi-skimmed milk, or use a nut milk such as almond milk. Oat milk would also work.
Peanut Butter - swap for almond butter or Biscoff spread.
Maple Syrup - to sweeten, or use honey.
Vanilla Extract - use a good quality vanilla extract and not vanilla essence.
Pumpkin Spices - cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
Pumpkin Seeds - to sprinkle on before serving.
🔪 How to make pumpkin pie overnight oats
The recipe card with ingredient quantities and detailed instructions can be found at the bottom of the post
One: Place all of the ingredients (except the pumpkin seeds) into a bowl and mix them together.
Two: Spoon into two glass jars, screw on the lids (or cover with clingfilm) and place them in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
Three: Sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of maple syrup just before serving.
💭 Expert tips
- Use ordinary rolled oats and not quick cook oats or jumbo oats.
- Use any milk you want - dairy or plant-based will work.
🍴 Serving suggestions
Top the pumpkin overnight oats with yogurt, peanut butter granola, candied pecans, whipped cream, chocolate chips, or dried fruit, such as cranberries or raisins.
Or, just eat them as they are, with the crunchy pumpkin seeds on top!
- Add a spoonful of chia seeds for added protein.
- Top each jar with greek yogurt.
- Use a store-bought pumpkin pie spice mix.
Store: Make the overnight oats at least 6 hours before eating. They will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat: Overnight oats are usually eaten cold, but you can microwave them for 30 seconds if you prefer eating oats warm. Make sure the jar they are in is microwave safe.
❓ Frequently asked questions
No, any small container with a lid is suitable for overnight oats. Glass jars just look pretty!
Use ordinary porridge (rolled) oats. Quick cook oats and jumbo oats don't work as well and affect the finished texture.
😋 More easy breakfast recipes
- Overnight Weetabix
- Peanut Butter Granola
- Air Fryer Breakfast Frittata
- Air Fryer French Toast
- Biscoff Porridge
More pumpkin puree recipes
Easy Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- 120 ml Milk
- 100 g Pumpkin Puree
- 15 g Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 50 g Rolled Oats
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Seeds
- Place all of the ingredients (except the pumpkin seeds) into a bowl and mix together.120 ml Milk, 100 g Pumpkin Puree, 15 g Peanut Butter, 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup, 50 g Rolled Oats, 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract, ½ teaspoon Cinnamon, ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger, ⅛ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Spoon into two glass jars, screw on the lids (or cover with clingfilm) and place them in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of maple syrup just before serving.1 tablespoon Pumpkin Seeds