Biscoff Mug Cake
This delicious Biscoff Mug Cake is perfect as a sweet treat for one! The easiest dessert recipe you'll ever make, taking only 5 minutes and a handful of pantry staples.
- 3 tablespoon Biscoff Spread smooth
- 4 tbsp Plain Flour
- 3 tablespoon Caster Sugar or golden caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoon Milk whole-milk
- 3 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Biscoff Spread
- 1 Biscoff Biscuit crushed into small crumbs
Spoon the Biscoff spread into a coffee mug and soften in the microwave for 10 seconds.
Place all of the other ingredients into the mug.
Use a small whisk or fork to mix everything together. Wipe down the inside of the mug with a paper towel.
Microwave for 60 seconds then for 30 second bursts at a time. My mug cake was ready after 2 minutes (900 watt on full power).
If you would like to add the optional topping, spoon one tablespoon of Biscoff spread on top of the warm sponge and let it melt in, before sprinkling over the crushed biscoff crumbs.
- Try not to over mix the mug cake as it can toughen the cake.
- Don’t over-microwave! Check after 60 seconds and then every 30 seconds after that.
- Make sure your mug has no metal or metallic paint on it.
- If you don’t have a microwave you can bake the mug cake at (180°C) for 8 minutes.
- Use a piece of paper towel to wipe down the sides of the mug before microwaving to ensure a smooth rise.
Storage: Mug cakes are best eaten fresh out of the microwave. If you have any leftovers they can be reheated up to 24 hours later. Mug cakes aren't suitable for freezing.
Nutrition: The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.
- Use Nutella or chocolate spread instead of Biscoff spread.
- Add in a small handful of chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Use light brown sugar for a deeper caramelised flavour.
Biscoff Mug Cake
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.