Golden buttery biscoff flapjacks will become your new favourite bake in no time at all, and best of all you only need 5 ingredients to make them!
- 200 g Butter
- 125 g Demerara Sugar
- 175 g Biscoff Spread
- 100 g Golden Syrup
- 325 g Rolled Oats not jumbo oats
- 2 tbsp Biscoff Spread melted
Preheat the oven to 180°c (160 fan/ 350F/ Gas 4) and line a 20cm square baking tin with non stick baking paper.
Place the biscoff spread, butter, golden syrup and sugar in a pan and gently melt on a medium heat. Mix together thoroughly, making sure the butter hasn't separated to the top. Using a whisk might help to make sure this doesn't happen.
Stir in the oats and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
Press the mixture into the tin and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
As an optional extra you can drizzle melted Biscoff spread onto the cooled flapjacks for added Biscoff flavour. Melt the Biscoff spread for 20 seconds in the microwave until runny.
- Use ordinary rolled oats NOT jumbo oats as these don't absorb the butter very well and can make your flapjacks greasy.
- Score out squares whilst the flapjack is still warm, using a sharp knife. It will make cutting them a lot easier once they are set.
- Speed up the cooling process by placing the baking tin in the fridge for 30 minutes prior to cutting.
- Make sure you use the correct size pan, in this case a 20cm square baking tin (8 inch), otherwise cooking times will need to be changed.
- Start checking to see if the flapjacks are ready from about 25 minutes onwards. They should be golden around the edges but still soft to touch in the middle.
Nutrition: The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.
- Add some chopped pecan nuts to the flapjacks for added crunch and texture.
- Dried fruit such as apricots or raisins would also make a tasty addition.
- Dip each square of flapjack into melted chocolate and allow to set for an extra indulgent treat.
- Add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the flapjacks to really bring out that cookie butter flavour.
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.